Sunday, May 30, 2010

Links: Voices

I don't have a plan for the holiday weekend. I probably won't get much writing done, but I promise I'll be back on something resembling a schedule by Tuesday. Until then, here's some extra weekend reading:

Diverse Women's Voices In Rock (Alas, a Blog)
A cornucopia of links to music made by women, for the most part, outside the white, straight, cisgendered spectrum.

Beatles Have More Songs On "500 Greatest" List Than Any Other Artist (CBS)
I haven't been able to locate a copy of the latest Rolling Stone, but they've updated their "500 Greatest Songs" list. Not shockingly, the Beatles, Stones, and Bob Dylan feature prominently. I want to blog about this later after I see the full list, but really, what is there to say? It would be naive to write a list of the most influential rock songs of all time, and not include those artists, but only one song younger than twenty-years old (barely) made the top ten, and that was "Smells Like Teen Spirit." That's sort of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment