Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Album of the Week: Tift Merritt - See You On The Moon

Full Disclosure: I haven't listened to this album at all. Since today marks the demise of Lala, my go-to source for previewing new music, I don't know how often I will get to actually preview a record before blogging it. I suppose I could fake it, which is exactly what I did when I reviewed albums in college, much to the chagrin of my music editor. (Who was a very smart guy and had an excellent ear for bullshit.)

Sigh.

Either way, here's what the press has to say. (Via Amazon):

"See You On The Moon is Tift Merritt's most visceral work to date. A deeply centered departure, these focused and creative musical short stories find Tift at the height of her powers. 'I wanted to make a really direct record. I wanted to take everything to a place that was less labored, of more depth. Open space, real strength. There was a certain feeling of inevitability about it. Like I found these songs whole.'"

Track List:
1. Mixtape
2. Engine To Turn
3. The Things That Everybody Does
4. Six More Days Of Rain
5. Feel Of The World
6. Never Talk About It
7. All The Reasons We Don't Have To Fight
8. Live Till You Die
9. Papercut
10. See You On The Moon
11. Danny's Song
12. After Today

No comments:

Post a Comment