Friday, June 11, 2010

Links (The "I swear a 'real' blog post is coming" edition)

Yeah, this blog's been a bit short on original content lately, so I'm handing out the linking love like it's (insert gift--giving holiday of your choice). Feministe and Jezebel touched on the issue of pop music, rockism, and what gets taken seriously. (Guess what? Pop loses.)

Full disclosure here: I am a recovering rock snob. Spending the better part of my twenties and thirties with superfans and band guys, you pick up a few things -- like a distain for sugary pop music. It should come as no surprise that most disparaged genre of contemporary music is probably the only one dominated by women. Truth is, I like fun, danceable pop. Though I tend to listen to "fun, danceable pop" made by women closer to my age, which is few and far between.





No comments:

Post a Comment