Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Bullets

  • Random peeve: "Is it okay if I identify as (insert gender or sexuality sub-grouping here)?" Because that's exactly what we need -- more gatekeepers. I get not wanting to appropriate something that isn't yours but gender and sexuality can be knotty and hard to define (and despite the whole "genderbread" meme, those things can intersect). If you don't feel straight, maybe you aren't aren't. If you don't feel cis, maybe you aren't. Explore. Ask questions. But don't ask permission.
  • Sarcasm? I simply can't tell anymore.
  • Update: Two of Gawker's editors resigned after the whole outing fiasco.
  •  I've been looking for a site that gives daily writing prompts. This one looks promising, but maybe not for fiction. I've had this book sitting on my shelf for sometime, and while the exercises in the books aren't prompts but more like writing 101 assignments, some of them are still worth checking out.