Sunday, November 1, 2015

Bullets

  • Listening to a room full of conservatives talk makes me feel like a complete moral relativist. Seriously. If they believe half the shit that pours from their mouths is true, then nothing is true. Then nothing is false. Wheee! I can do whatever I want whenever I want because they're is no right nor wrong.
  • For three days in the late-90s, I was macrobiotic. The lack of sugar and caffeine didn't bother me as much as eliminating all vegetables from the nightshade family from my diet. I'm someone who used to pound energy drinks and pop caffeine pills (how Jesse Spano of me) for a little (legal) kick, but no tomatoes or eggplant? I'm Italian. That's a third of my usual diet.
  • I wrote a more fleshed-out outline for my NaNo novel. My goal is to finish far ahead of schedule, like, in two or two-and-a-half weeks, which is my record from 2013. I still like that novel, though it's less a novel and more a collection of loosely tethered short stories. Writing a long piece of fiction is hard. Really hard.