Friday, March 30, 2012

Links & Bits: 3/30/12

Lindy West writes about the whitewashing of The Hunger Games. 
TW for racism (the comments)


For The Awl, Choire Sicha talks about The Joys of Blocking People.
This story made the rounds of the blogosphere this week, with a lot of nodding and yes-ing and fist-pumping the thrill of the block. Maybe I'm showing my age, but blocking indiscriminately makes me more than a little uncomfortable. I don't think I've ever been blocked -- not that I know of. I have been unfriended/unfollowed enough times to spend the good part of an afternoon digging through my own posts wondering what I said that was so heinous (or boring) to be given the electronic equivalent of a good ol' shunning. The only person I've ever blocked myself was a friend of someone who considered herself my online nemesis, and a mom blogger who turned out to be a very vocal tea party supporter -- which is completely understandable.

Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God turns 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment