Friday, April 20, 2012

Links & Bits: "Girls" Edition




Since I bookmarked a lot of posts deconstructing HBO's newest show, Girls -- a sort of Sex and the City for Generation Y, replete with all the privilege and lack of self awareness -- I thought I'd share them in lieu of Friday's usual "non-post."

I don't get HBO, but I was able to watch a free On-Demand preview. I'm nowhere near its target audience, so I don't have anything really to add but to note the glaring lack of cast diversity. Here are a few posts that explore it further than I can:

HBO's 'Girls' Is All About Spoiled White Girls (Womanist Musings)
Girls That Television Will Never Know (Racialicious)
Dear Lena Dunham: I Exist (Racialicious)
Why We Need to Keep Talking About the White Girls on Girls (Jezebel)

No comments:

Post a Comment