Sunday, March 24, 2013

Your Manuscript is Both Good and Original

... I think you know the rest.

I'm gearing up for Camp NaNo , which is basically the same premise as NaNoWriMo, but with virtual "campers." There's one camp starting in April, and another in July. For April's camp, I'm working on a second draft of the thing I wrote in November. (Calling it a novel would be generous.) I'm changing so much it practically counts as a new story. And I'm doing an outline, something many a professor or writing instructor has begged me to do, but I never do. I hated writing outlines in school -- you know, the formal kind with roman numerals that must one must never, ever, deviate from. My plan then was to always write the paper first, then the outline. At least they matched.

Anyway, I'm determined to write something other than a bunch of suck simply because it's NaNo season.


No comments:

Post a Comment