Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Something That's Been Bothering Me

There was a great quote I wanted to link to today, and, like usual, I found myself running a litany of the writer's past aggressions, weighing the good (and this blogger does quite a bit of good) against the bad (there are, unfortunately, a few documented failures). In the end, I said "screw it," and wrote this instead.

This is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves within the social justice/feminist blog world: feeling as though everyone should be fully vetted and ideologically flawless before recommending their work. Granted, a big part of the problem is the medium itself; it's easy to define someone by the last thing said online.

That's not to say that we someone's faults should be ushered way, shoved under the rug where they're easily forgotten, especially when they're pretty big failures, but it gets tedious combing through the bulk of someone's work or blog for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment