Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fashion Blogs For Those Who Hate Fashion Blogs

I'm tardy to the party, but I'm obsessed with Advanced Style . (Now also in book form. ) It's not that fashion blogs skew young, but that they often skew so extremely young that mid-thirties seems ancient. Advanced Style shows stylish people from about 60+.

Another long-running favorite of mine is  Autostraddle's Style section. There are plenty of options -- and inspiration -- for women whose style is distinctly un-girly (though there are quite a few femme posts, too). I think they lean a bit too heavy on the dandy look (I could live happily for the rest of my life without seeing another bow tie), but fashionable clothes on a variety of gender expressions is sorely lacking in, well, basically all mainstream magazines and blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment