Saturday, April 12, 2014

Camp NaNo: Week Two

There comes a time in any writing project, especially during the frenetic NaNo months, where it becomes very rote and automatic. I'm going to have shit tons of dialogue to sift through, but the way I figure of characters, or the relationships between characters, is through dialogue. It's boring, most of it is inevitably useless (in the greater context of the story), but it's an evil necessity for crapping out draft one.

I'm trying to get out of my own head and just write. I'm by nature a slow writer, one who crabwalks to a conclusion rather than blasts out walls of text to be edited later. I edit as I write. It means I don't finish draft one as fast as most writers, but I don't usually have as much editing to do later. I do NaNo because it's uncomfortable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment