- Another comedian thinks political correctness has gone to far. This is news?
- On a related note, it's pretty intellectually lazy to frame one's counter-argument against power structures only. (He's a rich white man, therefore he's obviously wrong.) Not that those things aren't important, but it's an easy, by-the-books of way of making a point that requires very little critical thinking. I don't remember where I read it first, but the phrase "people aren't texts" is apt here. Plus I think the generational divide is underplayed and informs more people's beliefs as much as where they're situated along axes of power,
- And by the way, why does Jerry Seinfeld care what kids think? Are younger people coming to his shows? Does anyone under thirty really care about someone whose television show has been off the air for over a decade?
- This is an effective way to handle a heckler. Okay, I realize some context is probably needed here: Bianca Del Rio is an insult comic and her act is pretty subversive -- and these things can exist in a world increasingly aware of structural inequalities.
- Please tell me this is parody. Please? I give major side-eye to any man who tells women how to be feminists.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Posted by KP at 8:48 AM