Friday, February 25, 2011

Links & Bits for 2/25/11

B-Sides: Lucinda Williams (Bitch Blogs)
It's taken me more than a decade to come around to Lucinda Williams. When I was in middle school, my dad came suddenly into my room and put a CD in my stereo with no explanation. I set down my alg/trig homework and watched him carefully. He finally said, just before the music started, "Listen to this song, Kate. I've never heard anything so...gripping." And then he sat with his eyes closed until the song was over. And that was the first time I heard Lucinda Williams.
A bunch of dancing Thom Yorke's (Courtesy of NPR)

Kanye West on Abortion and Gold Diggers (Womanist Musings)
Some celebrities just need to say no to twitter, until they get the common sense that God gave cabbage. In a recent tweet, Kanye West decided to share his thoughts on abortion with the Twitterverse.
Exene Cervenka's brilliant ideas on how she'd change the Oscars (Pop & Hiss)
"Put everyone on an even playing field. Give them each $200. They have to get their outfit and jewelry from either a thrift store or an independent designer who is out of work or broke."
Case Study (Dorothy Surrenders)
Salon did an interesting piece on Neko’s recent Twitter admission that “ladies in bands don’t get ANY action.” It’s interesting but also kind of a bummer because someone as talented and beautiful and smart and successful as Neko Case should be awash in whatever kind of sexual smorgasbord her heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment