Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Cornucopia of Bad 90s Style

You know it had to happen: Fuck Yeah Ugly 90s Clothes . (Thanks Autostraddle for the heads-up.)

courtesy of Fuck Yeah Ugly 90s Clothes 
I spent most of the 90s in my early twenties, so I missed a lot of the really bad, teen fashion, but I think I can say with complete confidence that 90s clothes were far uglier than anything we wore in the 80s. And that's saying a lot.

Yes, I know that compared to the tight, high-heeled, super-femme look pushed on women today is far worse than the grunge, combat boot, baby doll dress combo that supposedly defines the 90s, but the truth is few women actually dressed like that. At least in my part of the country.

I did sport several homemade "chokers" that were really remnants of fabric bough on the cheap at a crafts store. That trend was beyond silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment