Thursday, July 19, 2012

And this too?

I hate turning this into an "xojane petty criticism corner"™ (Bitch Magazine), but it keeps giving me new and wonderful things to be self-conscious about: if it's not areola color, or a fuzzy bikini line, it's having a hairline like The Count from Sesame Street . Can I get a WTF?

Do I think about my hairline? I guess I am now.

To be completely serious -- and I'm probably not going to gain a lot of fans admitting this -- I don't really subscribe to the idea that one must love her body at all times, or at least, one should not be shamed for not loving her body or wanting to change various aspects of it, but this is a little much.

Or like one of the commenters said quoting the movie Mean Girls (which was where my mind went), "My hairline is so weird."

1 comment:

  1. "While plenty of women keep theirs intact and even consider the unusual hairline attractive, I prefer the look of a round, even hairline and a higher forehead."

    This line got me.. it's like she's saying "Some of those silly women actually think their weirdo hair looks GOOD, but thankfully I know better."

    It's one of those 'grass is always greener' things, as I have a huge forehead that I'm always trying to cover up with bangs. Just another dumb thing to get hung up on.

    ReplyDelete