Sunday, July 22, 2012

Frank Ocean in The Guardian

Last.fm
The Guardian has a great feature  on R&B singer Frank Ocean this weekend where he talks about his new album, Channel Orange, and coming out via a recent post on his blog, which he doesn't see as a risk:
"I won't touch on risky, because that's subjective," he says. "People are just afraid of things too much. Afraid of things that don't necessarily merit fear. Me putting Nostalgia out … what's physically going to happen? Me saying what I said on my Tumblr last week? Sure, evil exists, extremism exists. Somebody could commit a hate crime and hurt me. But they could do the same just because I'm black. They could do the same just because I'm American. Do you just not go outside your house? Do you not drive your car because of the statistics? How else are you limiting your life for fear?"

No comments:

Post a Comment