Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Joan Jett and Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace Cover The Replacements' "Androgynous"



Joan Jett and Against Me! covered The Replacements' "Androgynous"earlier this month. Just weeks ago, lead singer Laura Jane Grace (born Tom Gabel) announced that she was trans and begining hormone therapy. (To any of those wondering, as I see this question quite frequently on blogs and forums, taking female hormones doesn't alter the sound of one's voice.) Laura also did a an interview for MTV that's worth checking out. She looks gorgeous, by the way.
"You don't understand what's happening to you ... though, as you grow older, you realize this isn't something that goes away," she says. "When you're younger, you have these moments where you're like, 'OK, I'm going to choose to be male. I will be male. This is it. I'm going to take all my women's clothes that I have secretly hidden away under my bed, and I'm going to put 'em in a garbage bag and I'm going to throw them in a dumpster, and that's it. I swear off this behavior for the rest of my life.'

No comments:

Post a Comment