Monday, February 15, 2010

This is not a love song: Valentine's Day Hangover

I'm not a hopeless romantic. Generally, I do not celebrate Valentine's Day. No sooner had I hit "publish" on yesterday's post did I realize, "Gee, maybe I should have done a valentine-themed post. Jezebel and The Pursuit of Harpyness handled the sexy stuff in response to Billboard's hapless list of the 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time. ("Unskinny Bop?" Really?)

If coming up with romantic songs isn't one f my talents, neither is finding sexy ones. (My sole contribution on both threads was Patti Smith's "Gloria," and, in my eyes, it's mostly sexy because of its "Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine" opener. Religious irreverence = hot.)

So without further ado, here are three songs perfect for a Valentine's Day hangover. No sugar-coated kisses here:





No comments:

Post a Comment