Monday, September 6, 2010

Pure Pop For Old(er) People

I'm putting a moratorium on writing any more posts about Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, or Miley Cyrus. I have nothing against these artists (though Ke$ha's cultural relevance continues to baffle me), but I'm almost old enough to be the mother of, at least, three of the four. And while I'm fascinated by their popularity, and how none of these artists seemed to have gone through any kind of evolutionary process to get to that point, I almost never listen to them, and writing about them feels disingenuous.

I like the sound of sugary pop music, it's just that most of it is made for preteens. I picked through my iPod for songs that are inherently danceable, but don't make me feel like a mom chaperoning a high school dance:







So what songs satisfy your pop jones without making you feel older than dirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment