Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rewind: Betty Davis - They Say I'm Different

Jezebel's post about building the ultimate workout playlist got me thinking about updating mine. I've been running around in a Scissor Sisters/Robyn loop, so to speak, so I think I'll change it up and go for a little retro funk. Enter Betty Davis's They Say I'm Different.

Betty Davis, the one-time wife of Miles Davis, released They Say I'm Different first in 1974 which was then re-released a couple years ago to well-deserved critical acclaim.



Her albums were often deemed controversial due to their sexual content, and due to pressure from religious groups, she received little airplay or commercial success since her debut in the early 70s, but has regained a small, and growing, cult audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment