Sunday, July 31, 2011

Debt Ceiling Debate Links Round-Up

If you're like me, you've been glued to, and cursing, the television watching with a mix of fascination and revulsion as the debt ceiling talks spiral further into what Daniel Villareal from Queerty called "a Congressional pissing contest."  Here are a handful of links intelligently discussing the looming financial crisis.

Deadline Approaching on Debt Ceiling  (Persephone Magazine)

What's your debt ceiling got to do with me?  (Feministing)

Don't Let The U.S. Balance the Budget By Killing Off HIV+ Americans (Queerty)

Open Thread & News Round-Up: Debt Negotiations (Shakesville)

What do you call a guy who wants to provoke economic chaos in order to achieve his goals? (Questioning Transphobia)

And the quote of the week goes to Shakesville commenter, Theresa Rose:
Every day I wake up, read stuff like this, and I have to remind myself that this is really happening. It still seems so surreal to me, that this is actually our country now. That this is really, as Lisa Simpson aptly said about 20 years ago, one nation under the dollar with liberty and justice for none.

No comments:

Post a Comment