Thursday, July 14, 2011

Taylor Swift = Evil Genius?

If you read one thing this week, make it Tessa's post about Taylor Swift's potential for evil genius:
Taylor Swift makes me feel like Magneto, in that I want to draw her aside and tell her “You aren’t like these people. Come with me, and I will make you the destroyer of worlds you were born to be.” And don’t tell me she doesn’t want to.

The problem is she doesn’t have the first clue how how. Curse her for turning the Kanye debacle into a maudlin feud with her condescendingly immature ballad of rebuttal instead of grabbing the man by the shoulders and saying “TEACH ME TO BE YOU.” The girl who made a video about the conflict between her sad-sack, passive-aggressive, girl next door identity and the Queen Bitch she wishes she could be needs to be taken in hand, and who better than a man caught between arrogance and self-loathing, grandiosity and heartache?

1 comment: