Monday, June 11, 2012

Earworm of the Day: Mary Lou Lord - Lights Are Changing



Some songs smack so much of the era they're from that they're practically encased in amber.

I try to avoid the most obvious of the 90s nostalgia craze, but I rarely hear this song anymore and at one point it was a big part of my low-power/college radio listening life. There were two stations I could tune to in the pre-iTunes 90s that weren't big corporation owned: one was a really weak college radio station, and the other was a larger, public radio station that -- at the times -- doled out indie rock and pop between their usual blues and bluegrass. The college station's signal I could only pick up in the hallway outside the bathroom of my small apartment, and, weakly, on the front porch. Sometimes I'd have to physically hold the antenna for the signal to steady itself. Oh the things we did not to hear another Dishwalla or Everclear song.

No comments:

Post a Comment