Monday, March 11, 2013

Housekeeping

I updated some of my Goodreads shelves -- mostly to improve my recommendations, but I'm glad to give some, too.

This isn't a comprehensive list of everything I've read, or even everything I've read in the last three years since I made the account. And I added a few controversial authors to the "highly recommended" list because I don't condemn a writer's entire body of work, even if she's said some pretty despicable things. I thought long and hard about this. Personally, I think some things still belong to the "canon" well after they've been challenged, if only to remind us how far we've come.

Fiction Shelf
LGBT Shelf
Writing Shelf
Highly Recommended Shelf
Rock, She Writes Shelf

I don't write about music much anymore, but I'm pretty proud of the last shelf. Women's music writing largely goes unread and under-appreciated, especially during listicle season. As always, contributions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment