Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rewind: Jonathan Richman - Jonathan Goes Country

Recently made available for download, Jonathan Goes Country is less "country" and more "Jonathan." I love Jonathan Richman, but if you were looking for an album of classic country covers, it's not to be found here. Oh sure, he does justice to old favorites like "Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad," and "Satisfied Mind," but overall, it's chockablock of the quirkiness he's known for. And that can only be a good thing.

“I went country on this record because I thought “ some of my songs would make good country records, because I “ thought I could do justice to some other people’s songs and “ because I could record it with my friends who are great musicians “ down in Springfield, Missouri.” -- Jonathan Richman (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment